GET INVOLVED TODAY
Our Action Groups are small collectives of students and community members who work together by consensus to do research, education and action on particular issues. Past working groups have organized speaking events, boycotts, conferences, protests, teach-ins, tabling, film nights and more!
- Learn more about Action Groups here.
- Email our Programming Coordinator to find out more about how to get involved with a particular Action Group: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with like-minded organizations on and off-campus that adhere to the principles of social and environmental justice. Recently, we have organized with the Gender Based Violence Collective, Toronto Community Mobilization Network, April 28 Coalition, Workers Assembly and the York Student-Worker Alliance, Cinema Politica and the Jane and Finch Action Against Poverty (JFAAP).
- Learn more about our Community Partners here.
- Email our Programming Coordinator to find out more about how to get involved with a particular Community Partner: email@example.com.
There are a variety of ways that volunteers can participate at OPIRG York. Volunteer roles include becoming a board member, working with Action Groups, becoming an office volunteer or a resource centre volunteer. We also organize many events throughout the year such as DisOrientation Week, panel discussions, film screenings, and rallies. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
We would love to get to know you and have you volunteer with us. We can offer training, mentorship, and letters of reference!
- Learn more about our upcoming events here.
- Email our Volunteer Coordinator to find out more about how you can be part of the OPIRG-York community: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORK WITH US
OPIRG York has 3 paid staff positions: i) Volunteer Coordinator, ii) Programming Coordinator, and iii) Coordinator of Administration and Information. These staff members are unionized under CUPE 1281. OPIRG also hires students and casual employees for some temporary positions.
- Join our newsletter to learn about upcoming opportunities.